Prophylaxis, or dental cleanings, is crucial to preserving excellent oral health. Tooth decay, gum disease, and other dental issues can be avoided with regular dental cleanings by our dentist near you. If you want reasons to get your teeth professionally cleaned this spring at Nine One Dental, let us give you a few.
How Do Dental Cleanings Work?
Plaque and tartar accumulation on the teeth and gums are removed during dental cleanings, a preventative dental treatment. In contrast to tartar, a solid plaque that cannot be removed by brushing or flossing, plaque is a sticky film of germs that accumulates on the teeth. A dental hygienist will use specialized instruments to remove plaque and tartar from the teeth and gums during a dental cleaning.
Why Are Dental Cleanings Required?
Some of the main reasons for getting regular dental cleanings are as follows:
- Preventing gum disease: Gum disease is a dangerous ailment that, if left untreated, can result in tooth loss. It is brought on by plaque and tartar accumulation. The plaque and tartar accumulation that can result in gum disease can be reduced with routine dental cleanings.
- Getting rid of stains: Some foods and beverages can discolor or yellow your teeth over time. Dental cleanings can help you brighten your smile by removing these stains.
- Early dental issue detection: A dental hygienist can spot early indications of dental issues, including cavities, damaged teeth, or oral cancer, during a dental cleaning. Early identification can aid in preventing these issues from getting worse.
- Improving oral health: Regular dental cleanings, brushing, and flossing may improve oral health. Fresher breath, stronger teeth, and better gums might come from this.
- Maintaining dental work: Regular dental cleanings are essential to ensuring that your crowns, fillings, and bridges are still in excellent condition and are functioning well.
What To Expect During A Dental Cleaning?
You can anticipate the following during a dental cleaning and check-up near you:
Step 1: Exam.
The dental hygienist will check your teeth and gums before beginning the cleaning to look for any indications of dental issues, such as cavities, gum disease, or oral cancer.
Step 2: Plaque and tartar removal.
The dental hygienist will use specialized instruments to clean your teeth and gums of plaque and tartar accumulation. The teeth may need to be scraped or scaled during this procedure.
Step 3: Teeth Polishing.
The dentist will polish your teeth to remove leftover stains and give them a smooth, clean feel after removing the plaque and tartar buildup. They can polish their teeth with toothpaste and a powerful electric brush.
Step 4: Flossing.
Afterward, the dentist will clean your teeth to remove leftover food or plaque.
Step 5: Fluoride Treatment.
Last but not least, the dentist might apply a fluoride treatment to your teeth to help guard against tooth decay.
Our dentist will suggest the best ways to maintain excellent dental hygiene. They could suggest altering how you brush or floss or experimenting with different products.
Get A Professional Teeth Cleaning This Spring!
Regular dental cleanings and check-ups in West Roxbury are crucial to maintaining excellent oral health. They can aid in the prevention of dental issues like gum disease, tooth decay, and others. You should visit our dentist in West Roxbury every six months for a cleaning.
Call or visit us at Nine One Dental today if you haven’t had your teeth cleaned in a while! We also offer other surgical and cosmetic dentistry services and are always here to assist you!