Botox aids in improving your appearance by relaxing the muscles that generate wrinkles. Additionally, they are used to treat a variety of conditions that include migraines, hyperhidrosis, overactive bladder, and eye problems. Botox treatments need to be repeated every three to six months to maintain effectiveness. Consult with our dentist near you who offers cosmetic dentistry treatments to learn about different treatment options to restore your smile.
What Is Botox?
Botox is a well-known brand of botulinum toxin injections. They are neurotoxins that affect your nerves and deteriorate your muscles. It is mostly recommended for cosmetic medical conditions. They cause your muscles to tense up by blocking nerve impulses. The effects of these treatments are temporary but can last for some months. The treatment process and time required depends on the area of concern. Some areas can be treated in one treatment session.
There are different types of botox available and each addresses different cosmetic concerns. Different types of Botox include:
- AbobotulinumtoxinA (Dysport)
- IncobotulinumtoxinA (Xeomin)
- PrabotulinumtoxinA (Jeauveau)
Cosmetic Concerns Treated With Botox
This cosmetic treatment can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in different areas of the face, including eyebrows, nose, eyes, forehead, lips, chin, jawline, neck, etc.
Other cosmetic concerns that Botox can address are:
1. Softening of the jawline and chin
Your face becomes overly wider near the jaw due to chewing muscles. Injecting Botox into the muscle will help to slim the face and aids to give a more symmetrical shape which will give you a feminine look.
2. Eliminates wrinkles and fine lines
Another function of Botox is to relax muscles. Your muscle is temporarily paralyzed, which stops the emergence of wrinkles and fine lines. Additionally, it might make existing wrinkles less noticeable and make you look younger.
3. Stops excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
Your healthcare provider will inject Botox into the area that has overactive sweat glands like your face, forehead, palms, feet soles, underarms, etc.
4. Smoothing chest and neck wrinkles
With age, the neck develops wrinkles that can be alleviated with Botox. Your neck’s lines are filled in with this injection, to give a smoother appearance.
Visit our clinic to learn more about how it can enhance your facial features and address cosmetic concerns. We provide cosmetic Botox in West Roxbury to assist patients in regaining their overall appearance.
Medical Conditions Treated With Botox
Botox is used to treat different types of medical conditions. They are recommended to treat concerns like:
- Dystonia – muscle contractions
- Overactive bladder – causes a frequent urge to urinate and is difficult to control
- Hyperhidrosis – extreme sweating
- Blepharospasm – abnormal contraction of eyelid muscles
- Cervical dystonia – a neck muscle contraction causing excruciating pain
- Migraines – a headache that causes severe throbbing pain
- Adult spasticity – abnormal muscle tightness due to prolonged muscle contraction
- Strabismus – crossed eyes
- Pediatric upper limb spasticity – an imbalance of signals from the brain to the muscles, which causes stiffness and spasms
If you want to learn more about the treatment consult with an expert who offers cosmetic Botox near you. This will help you to get an overview of the treatment process and how it can be advantageous for you in different ways.
Consult Your Dentist
Depending on the type of treatment you receive, you may need to have Botox treatment again every three to six months to get the finest results. To avoid any serious complications in your appearance or overall health, it is important to consult with your dentist and discuss your medical history. If you want to learn more risks and drawbacks involved in Botox treatment you can contact our expert dentist in West Roxbury.
Contact us and schedule your appointment with our experts!